Monday, January 26, 2009

Great Performances and Pimps

Warning: this involves tap dancing and stripping.



I remember, as an impressionable 14 year old, finding this incredibly attractive in every way something can be attractive. After viewing it tonight, I still agree.

I've been thinking about great performers and performances lately. Movies and actors, I guess. Real theatric shit, man. Intense scenes, scenes that require real talent. Lookin to the greats. And, Christopher Walken man. He's got it. Watch "The Deer Hunter". They all have it in that, but christ man. Also, the Sicialian theme in "True Romance". Walken and Hopper, man. KILL it! What an incredible villian, you know? He plays the best kind.

Which brings me to my next point - in the scene I just posted, Christopher Walken plays a pimp. A real slick one, you know. No funny business. Pimps are always one of the most fucked up characters you can have in -- anything. SO... I've decided that I think I'm going to research pimp culture.

What do you think?

I feel like I may have gone off the deep end and no one is going to be able to relate to me at all soon.

1 comment:

  1. bored at work, going through entries i missed. have you seen A Streetcar Named Desire? please see A Streetcar Named Desire. i know people talk about marlon brando like he's the greatest actor ever, and i never really got it until i saw A Streetcar Named Desire. his performance in A Streetcar Named Desire is truly unparalleled. it's like, before him, everybody acted like they were acting, but in A Streetcar Named Desire, brando really became his character. never seen anything like A Streetcar Named Desire. please, do yourself a favor and watch A Streetcar Named Desire.

    ReplyDelete